New Frontier Living Inc.
For almost 20 years we have completed over 250 residential remodeling projects, ranging from large home building and additions to bathroom and kitchen cabinetry installations. See our Work Portfolio.
To build spaces you will love and make the remodeling process a pleasant one.
We see things feasible and possible and use creative ways to make them happen.
Years in Business
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
In Business since 2001
- Residential Remodeling Services
New Frontier Living Inc. has been providing residential remodeling services in the Chicago area since 2001. For almost 20 years we have completed over 350 projects, ranging from large home building projects and additions to a smaller bathroom and kitchen cabinetry installations. Our specialty is providing top service and making your dream projects a reality.
We are licensed (where applicable) and insured remodeling professionals. Our goal is to make the remodeling experience a pleasant one. See Testimonials of satisfied past and present customers. We stand behind our work. Our work is covered by a 1-year labor warranty.
Our Brand & Reputation
- Top Customer Service
Our professionalism, attention to detail and customer service is second to none. We know that any remodeling project affects your life and we take special precautions in making sure the area is protected during work and work is completed in the agreed timeframe.
We work with designers, architects, general contractors and directly with clients. We specialize in the installation of kitchen cabinetry of top cabinetry brand manufacturers, primarily Snaidero, Poggenpohl, and Plain & Fancy.
We perform or closely supervise all of the work ourselves. When you meet us, you will see who will do the work and who you should expect on the jobsite. Our brand and reputation are crucial to our success. We don’t outsource work to contractors that we don’t know or work with.
When you meet us, we will go over what you can expect and the NFL Remodeling Process. There won’t be surprises and you can have peace of mind.
Communication & Quotes
- Client Communication
Good communication with clients is the primary reason for our success. We don’t keep clients in the dark. We communicate frequently and update them on everything about the process XX:
✔ You will know exactly when the project will start.
✔ We communicate any changes in the schedule in advance or as soon as they are known.
✔ We double-check and review any requested changes from clients or other professionals.
✔ Our quotes don’t contain change orders UNLESS they are requested by clients. Change orders because of unforseen circumstances are rarity rather than a rule, as with many service providers.
✔ Our quotes are all encompassing of everything that is requested. All work that is requested by you is included in the quote.
Founder & Owner
In charge of overall project management and delivery of services. Diligently overseeing all aspects of a project – from start to finish. Master craftman with love for detail and quality work.
New Frontier Living Inc. has been in the residential remodeling business in the Chicago and suburbs area since 2001. At first, we have focused on managing large home constructions, additions, basement remodelings and other large projects, as a general manager.
In the past ten years, we have been concentrating on high-end kitchen and bathroom remodeling and cabinetry installation work. We work with some of the top kitchen cabinetry manufacturers and suppliers, mainly:
- Snaidero, a luxurious italian kitchen cabinetry maker and designer,
- Poggenpohl, leading luxury kitchen designer, and
- Plain & Fancy, an American traditional custom kitchen cabinet maker and designer.
Following our client’s needs, we have expanded into more customized cabinetry work. Our portfolio of custom work includes:
- Bed Frames
- Buffet Cabinets
- Doors & Hallways
- Entertainment Units
- Office Furniture
- Window Seats
- Wine Storages
We are very passionate about helping clients create the lifestyle they always dreamed of and deserved. Our customer service and attention to detail and the testimonials from a number of our clients, demonstrate that when you are working with New Frontier Living Inc., you are in very good hands.
Request for a Quote
- A client requests a quote either via email, website or a phone call. We email or call back to find out more information about the project and a potential match-up. There are some projects that we may not be able to help with then we may recommend somebody else. Sometimes there is a conflict in timing, when the client needs work to be done and when we are available.
- We visit the site to understand your space and scope of the project. We may meet with any other professionals who also will be involved with the project
- We review drawings of work to be completed and communicate any questions or point out anything that should be reviewed by the team or the client.
- Based on the final drawings and scope project decision, we will provide you with a free estimate of what the estimated cost of the project will be.
- We touch base with you on the quote provided and we address any questions or changes requested. We may meet in person to discuss any final questions. Project permits and other matters are discussed.
- When you are satisfied with the scope and quote, we will sign paperwork to guarantee our services.
- We tipically ask for 10-20% down with start of the project to cover materials and supplies.
- Once the contract is signed we will give you work schedule so that you can be prepared and make any arrangements necessary.
- During this or other times through out the process, you may find yourself wanting additional things being done. All you have to do is just reach out to our team and let us know what are your concerns or requests. If during the remodeling process we should identify a matter that may impact your project – we will communicate it as quickly as possible.
- We want to make sure that during the remodeling process we take every precaution to protect your space. You may have to move and/or remove things from certain areas to protect your possessions and make the remodeling process fast and efficient.
- The fun begins. There were all these steps before this one necessary to make sure the remodeling itself is efficient and fast. We put time in the preparation in order for the remodeling to go smoothly.
update & Communication
- Throughout the processes you will be notified and informed of our progress and if there are any matters that would impact the project. We share any changes/matters with you quickly so that we can come up with a solution.
- We go over with you on what has been completed and work progress. We point out anything that has to be noted, reviewed, has an issue.
- We leave your space clean after remodeling process. You house and things may still be dusty but all the remodeling waste is removed.
- At the end of the project we request a final payment for our work well done. There are no surprises on client’s part. There are no change orders unless they were requested by client for additional work not for things that should be covered in the remodeling process, such as site protection. .
- We talk to you through out the entire process but after the project with touch base to make sure you are satisfied with your work.
- We cover our work for 12 months after we finish. We want to make sure you are satisfied with everything.
- We ask for your feedback and referral for work well done.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Here are some common questions about remodeling process.
with NFL Inc.
Why should I remodel with NFL Inc.?
We have been in the remodeling business in the Chicagoland area for over 20 years. We have hundreds of happy and satisfied clients who share their testimonials.
The remodeling process can be challenging if not done with a reliable company. From the first meeting, client communication is the key. Working through the estimates, designs, scheduling, and remodeling, is a collaboration between the client and New Frontier Living Inc. We provide top-notch service along every step of the process.
NFL Inc. partners with reliable professionals who are licensed and insured. We not only care about the final result, but we also care about your expectations and making sure the remodeling process runs smoothly.
What kind of projects do you specialize in?
We specialize in kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects. Installation of kitchen cabinetry by Snaidero, Plain & Fancy and Poggenpohl is our specialty. Following our clients’ needs we also have expanded our services to building and installation of custom cabinetry and furniture. We build custom cabinetry such as vanities, closets, fireplaces, stairs, benches, bookshelves, armoires, and more.
If you have a unique space that needs a personalized touch, we have the experience to satisfy most needs.
In a number of instances, we start with a kitchen or bathroom remodeling project that leads to a much larger home renovation. We specialize in additions, open space formations, basement remodeling, and entire home redesign.
What locations do you cover?
We serve clients in areas in and around Chicago. We have completed number of successful remodeling projects in a number of the Chicago neighborhoods and Chicago suburbs.
We have done work in downtown Chicago in the neighborhood of Bucktown, Gold Coast, Hyde Park, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Lincoln Square, Logan Square, North Center, River North, Ukrainian Village, West Loop, Wicker Park, and others.
Some of the Chicago suburbs where we worked in the past are Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Evanston, Glenview, Hinsdale, Long Grove, Northbrook, Oak Park, Park Ridge, Skokie, Wilmette, Winnetka, and others.
What if I don't know what I want yet?
Remodeling is a process. You should take your time in deciding what would work best with your lifestyle and budget. It should not be rushed.
We are here to help you determine what are the possibilities, what your needs are and what you would love to have to have a happy and comfortable life.
How much does it cost to remodel a kitchen or a bathroom?
The cost to remodel a bathroom or a kitchen depends on a variety of factors. Most kitchen/bathroom remodeling costs fall into three categories: 1) small; 2) midrange; and 3) upscale. The cost can vary greatly depending on the size of your room, what products you select and labor costs in your area.
Here is a helpful guide to kitchen cost by Home Stratosphere:
What variables affect the cost of a project?
When deciding on remodeling your bathroom or kitchen, here are few factors that you need to consider:
- Room Size: the size of your bathroom or kitchen
- Project Size: are you remodeling the entire room or just part of it
- Demolition: will your project require demolition
- Plumbing: will your project require plumbing work
- Electrical: will your project require electrical work
- Cabinets: are you selecting stock, semi-custom or custom cabinets
- Paneling: will any custom paneling be done
- Finish: will you want stained or painted cabinetry
- Countertop: how large and what type of stone will you want
- Floor: will you select tiles or wood
- Appliances: will you decide on a standard, custom-built-in or high-end products
- Labor Cost: what area do you live in
- Location: is your home/apartment easy to get to, is parking easily available, the elevator needs to be scheduled for deliveries, etc.
- Permits: is your city or apartment complex easy to work with
What is the best return on investment for a remodeling project?
According to a number of sources, kitchen remodeling returns the highest return on investment. However, you should be aware that rarely it returns more than what you invest. It also depends on the location and type of project that you undertake, whether it is a minor or major remodeling project and whether it is a midrange or upscale remodeling project.
The best resource that provides return on investment information for a variety of projects based on location is by Cost vs. Value Report by Remodeling, published each year. Search it based on your location and the type of remodeling project for more information. Some of the remodeling projects included in the report are bathroom, kitchen, addition, master-suite, garage, deck, backyard, roofing and window replacement return on investment information.
What is important about budgeting for a remodeling project?
You want to have an idea of how big of a remodeling project you want to undertake. Your budgeting constraints should be communicated from the beginning of the project in order to meet your expectations. Remodeling projects can range from anywhere between a couple thousands to over $100,000. It is important to make sure you are on the same page with your remodeling service provider.
It is important to go over what you would like to remodel and how much money you are willing to spend. Draw a line on what your budget can’t cross.
Plan for the unexpected expenses that sometimes occur during any project like discovering mold under old tiles; needing to bring your home up to current code; removing asbestos; and other unexpected expenses.
Consider certain expenses that may not have anything to do with the remodeling itself, but rather consist of living adaptation expenses such as higher utility bills; boarding pets during the remodeling process; needing to move out during major remodeling work or needing to dine out when the kitchen is off-limits.
How long does it take to remodel a kitchen or a bathroom?
Bathroom or kitchen remodeling can take as little as couple of weeks, to an average of 3-4 weeks to even couple of months, depending on the size of your project.
How long does it take to have new cabinets installed?
Depending on whether the cabinets are stock or custom cabinetry that require special order or built. It may take as little as few weeks to few months to have your cabinets delivered.
The installation of cabinets in the kitchen or bathroom depends on the size of your room. It may take from 2 to 6 weeks to install your cabinetry depending on the size of your project.
How soon can you start?
Depending on the current work load and schedule. Sometimes we can start within couple of weeks if we have availability in our schedule. Starting within a month or two is a more likely scenario, as most clients need time to finalize their drawings and make products and appliances selection.
How do I prepare for kitchen remodeling or cabinetry installation?
Remove all contents from your existing cabinets and drawers, but do not uninstall anything. Clear off the countertops and remove all antiques, breakables, and valuables from the construction area.
Make arrangements for your pets during the remodeling process.
If you are remodeling your kitchen, which can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month, you have to consider and make arrangements on how and where your family will eat meals. You should consider whether you can live without access to the kitchen during that time.
If you are changing your fridge and freezer, consider getting all your food cleared before the remodeling process and you should stock up on non-perishables so that there are options for you and your family.
What can I do during the kitchen remodeling process?
Can you stay with a family during that time?
Can you move to a temporary place, go out of town, or eat out more?
Do you have a basement or another safely ventilated area where you can set-up as a temporary kitchen? Can you rely on small appliances such as InstaPots, Air-fryer, microwave, to get your family fed?
In order to avoid frustration, it is important to plan ahead.
How do I measure my kitchen cabinets?
In order to get precise measurements, we will take measurements and check the space during our on-site visit. These measurements will be used to provide an accurate estimate and quote.
Make sure that if you are also working with a designer, she/he does the same so that the appliances or products that you purchase will fit the newly remodeled space.
Do you offer warranty on labor?
New Frontier Living provides labor warranty for 1 year after each service that is covered.
Let’s talk about your project. Send us a message and let us know how we can help.